Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Surface Tension

So many things have been going through my head lately. Ever since I've started substitute teaching, I have enjoyed every minute. Even the minutes that involve dealing with students that do not want to be dealt with. I still find the joy in that. Maybe it's because I'm "only a substitute" and not the full-time teacher.

Well I will get my chance, I'll be long-term subbing for the rest of the semester in less than two weeks. It's going to be interesting that's for sure. Though I will truly finally get to handle the class how I would handle them.

On the downside I've felt like I'm a pond. A pond just waiting for a rock to be tossed into. A pond that would start rippling, destroying the tension that was there. The tension that was holding everything together. The glue holding a book together. I sure hope I don't become unglued.

I always thought I was good at reading people. Unfortunately, I have NO clue where I stand. It's kind of exhilarating in a way, but also horrifying. I sit back and wonder about my life and where I've been. I've been truly blessed for the GREAT friendships that I still retain. In fact, I wouldn't trade them for the world. I also have been blessed to have such great blossoming friendships with people I have generally only known for just over half a year. Yes, you Sandals folks. I'm talking about you.

MikeyB, JD, KP, Bobby. I don't know where I'd be right now without the good times and support each of you have shown me.

Sandals friends. I always realized how great a church community could be, but being quickly and readily accepted into this community was icing on the cake. I could not have asked for anything more.

Where do I go from here? Not sure. I do know God is having his way in my life, so it will all work out for the greater good. I do know things will become much clearer over the next 7 months. Everything will be coming to a head.

Who do you carry that torch for, my young man? Or do you believe in anything? Or do you carry it around just to burn things down? -Jesse Lacey

1 comment:

Michael Baker said...

Cool man. This isn't really related to the blog, but we should go to a game this month.